12 March, 2012

Monday's Are All About Catching Up!

First off, let me catch up on my WIRS.

Fire by Kristin Cashore



This week, I read Fire by Kristin Cashore. It's the companion to Graceling (the book I read last week), and you don't have to read one to understand the other, which I thought was pretty cool. I've come to really like her writing style. This book read just as quickly and easily as it's companion, and the story line was fairly easy to keep up with. The only thing I didn't like was towards the end things started to get a bit 'soap opera-ish' with the scandals, affairs, and who is now related to who. It was a bit confusing, and I will admit, I did end up speed reading through the last few pages. I thought the ending was well done, and it had a few twists and turns that the reader wouldn't be expecting. I don't want to give anything away to people who might be intrested in reading it, but all in all it was a good use of my time. I got sucked in when I read it during nap time, and wasn't disappointed at all. She has another book coming out at the beginning of May, that I'm really excited to get my hands on.

:-)

This weekend was fairly mellow, as all our weekends seem to be. I'm such a homebody that I'm okay with that though.

Saturday, M and I started (after a fight) our cloth diapering trial. We're using gDiapers with the flushable inserts. Our first try flushing the flushable inserts ended up with them being not so flushable. It was my fault though, for not doing enough research. Turns out you have to tear the insert open, and dump the contents into the toilet, and then throw the outside away. I just chucked the entire insert into the toilet, where it promptly sucked up all the water, and then got stuck in the sucker downer part. At least we know that they are absorbant! M laughed pretty hard at me, but now that I know what to do, I'm determined to change his mind on the whole matter. The gDiapers fit her so much better than the disposable ones, and they hold a ton more. We ended up using the disposables on Sunday though, because we spent the evening at my parents house, and their septic system can be a bit fussy. It would be my luck that I flood us out on account of baby poop.

M and I also got to go out on a DATE on Saturday night. I real date, just the two of us! We let my Mom babysit, and went to Applebees. It was nice to get out and talk, just the two of us (and me not a raging ball of hormones) and I feel like we had a good time. I was able to talk to him about how I'm getting a little nervous about him leaving for training, and he was able to answer most of my questions. I ask him lots, constantly. It must be annoying, but he never lets on. He's a great guy.

Sunday he worked on his school work, and I cuddled with the baby while I watched Kevin Hart on Netflix. Crickets that guy is hilarious!! I was laughing my head off the entire time. I really recommend watching him if you're having a bad day. He had me in sticthes.

In the afternoon we meandered to my Mom's house for Sunday dinner, since my sister and her boyfriend are on spring break from school. I really love those two! I look forward to their visits all the time, and really enjoy talking with them. L has grown up so much since she left for college, and I'm really proud of her. She's turning into a lovely young woman (not that I didn't think that she would) and I really do enjoy spending time with her now. :-) P is a great guy too, and I think that he does a lot of good things for her. They make the most adorable couple, and I'm constantly reminded of Barbie and Ken. No lie.

M informed me that his ATC (Annual Training Conferance) is set to take place at the end of April, and there is a dinner shinding on Saturday night. It's pretty formal, so my dress search has commenced! After Shannon wakes up from her nap, and I get us showered, dressed, and ready to go, Mom and I are going to venture into B-town to do some looking. I have no idea what size I am anymore, and my body shape (read: hips, thighs, and boobs) have become a bit, shall we say, meatier. Everything is different, so I feel like I'm starting  from square one. It's not a bad thing, and I'm not complaining (I've always wanted bigger boobs!!), but I'm drawing a blank as to sizes and styles that'll look good now. I'm intrested and excited to go and try things on! I'm a lot curvier and I think (and M agrees) it's a lot sexier now!

Well the muchkin is up and hollerin' for some chow, so that means my blogging time is over.

:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment