17 April, 2012

Stop Humping My Throw Pillows!!

I just had to yell that at the dog about 18 times and I was at a loss for a title for this thing.

I have the worst time coming up with headers for these posts, it's often the last thing that I do before hitting the publish button. I probably should make proofreading the last thing that I do, but alas.

Last night was brutal. Shannon was wide awake and ready to party from 9 until about 3 in the morning. We bounced, we rocked, we nursed, we swang, we went for a drive, we tried EVERYTHING. The kid just refused to sleep. I was so frustrated, over-tired, and sick of the whole mess that when the dog cried to go out this morning, I just booted her out of the room. I didn't even care if she peed on the floor. I was that tired.

Shannon was beat this morning too, and slept for a while in her swing. I love that thing. Maybe a little bit too much. I probably should have cleaned my house or done some other productive thing, but I just made a cup of coffee and reveled in the peace and quiet.

It was such a beautiful day outside, that I thought it would be nice to enjoy my coffee from the front porch, so that the dog could do her thing in the yard, and I could still hear the baby cry. It was a nice thought. I got all cozy on the steps when the wind picked up and the front door slammed shut behind me. I jumped up to open it again, and discovered that it was locked.

Holy shit.

If you lock the handle, it stays locked until you turn the little knobby job from the inside. We normally never lock it, for that exact reason, but since M has been gone I've wanted to be extra careful at night, so I lock both the deadbolt and the handle.

I figured that it would be no worries, and I could just crawl in through the kitchen window. I bent the screen almost in half trying to get it out of the window, but I did so only to discover that the kitchen window was locked too. I cursed myself for being so careful at night. M is constantly telling me to lock the windows, lock the doors, etc... and I never do. Except for last night.

I circled the house but all the other windows were up too high for me to reach. I started to panic then. I had no phone, no keys, and not even my shoes!

I finally swallowed my pride and knocked on the neighbors door. Luckily she was still awake, and when I explained what had happened she was more than willing to let me use her phone. My only issue, I had nobody to call. My husband and his keys were about 1,000 miles away. I told her that I was going to have to call 911, which I didn't want to do since then CPS has to get involved.

Just what I needed. Stupid wind.

She then asked me if my slider door was open to my back porch. Turns out they have a porch that's just like ours.

I ninja-ed (that's not a word I know) my way from their porch to ours. It was totally mission impossible. If I hadn't have been so freaked out about having locked myself out of the house, sans child, I would have been wicked impressed with my mad skills.

I managed to get in, safe and sound. Shannon slept through the whole thing. All was well in the world again.

The rest of the day was fairly uneventful. My horse got her feet done, and was a brat for my boss and the farrier. She's was feeling what little bit of Thoroughbred heritage she had. After I dropped the munchkin off to my mom, I went back and got to watch Skippy's owner ride him.

I've been at B's for over 3 years now, and I've yet to see her right. It was a delightful sight. Skippy is so enamoured with his Mommy. It was nice to see him take such good care of her, and to also watch the progress he's made from the ground. He looks wonderful. :-)

Willow was up next, and she was her usual hot headed self. She's 17h of hugeness when she's in one of her moods. It's a little intimidating to say the least, but I'm getting much more comfortable around her. She got spun around on the lunge line, and we trotted the stupid right out of her. I love lunge lines. I'll tell you what though, when that beast gets a topline...watch out world.

I ended the day with the baby at my Mom's (I got there right as she had fallen asleep) and I got to come home to catch up on my laundry, dishes, and get my house picked up a little bit. I feel like M would be extremly disappointed if he'd walked in this afternoon. The place looked a little bit like it exploded.

I'm off to try and get some sleep, but from the sounds of the fussing going on in the crib upstairs, it might not happen right away. Here's hoping!!




No comments:

Post a Comment