16 April, 2012

2 Months!

2 posts in one day!

Whoa.

Shannon is two months old today!!

I really can't belive how quickly time is going. You never believe it when people tell you that your kid is going to grow up so fast, but it's really true. You never really understand it until you have one of your own. Trust me.


She's getting more and more alert, sleeping longer stretches, and really starting to develop a personality. It's amazing.

She's getting bigger too, she's outgrown ALL her preemie clothes, and some of her newborns are even getting a little tight. We have our two month check up next week Friday, and I'm excited too see how much she weighs.

We are LOVING our gDiapers, although I discovered that I didn't need to buy 8 covers. I went a little bit crazy because they are just so darn cute. When she grows out of these I'm only going to buy a couple of the next size up. They stay SUPER clean, and I love that they keep her butt from getting all red. I'd use them again in a heartbeat, and when we go the next size up I'm planning on getting the cloth inserts for nighttime.

Speaking of night time, her sleep schedule is still fairly erratic, and we had a pretty sleepless (I don't want to call them bad) night the night before M left for training, but she'll sleep for 3-4 hour stretches. She sleeps in her cradle next to our bed, but if she's really fussy I have no problem cuddling her in our bed until she falls into a deep sleep. I think that she just needs the closeness, I'm happy to provide, moreso now that big Daddy is gone.

Breastfeeding is going really well. I'm a pro at wipping it out just about anywheres, and we just nurse away. M is still a little on edge about me nursing her in public. He doesn't want to make a scene and then have to jump in to resuce me. Breastfeeding in public is entierly legal, and I do cover up for my own modesty. I found that it's easier to use just a regular blanket than those stupid nursing covers. It attracts more attention when you're swearing at the thing because it's choking you so hard you think your eyeballs are going to explode out of your head and hit the bald guy at the next table over. I wear tank tops under everything so nobody can see my 'excess', and off we go. Easy peasy!

We spent her 2 month birthday running around. I had a doctor's appointment and we went and hung out at the barn for a while, since it was such a beautiful day.

Willow is getting ridden for the first time tomorrow. I'm wicked excited! I exchanged her bridle for the next size up, and she got a new bit. We're going to try her in a 5 1/2" 3 piece (french link) loose ring and see how that goes.

My Mom was awesome enough to come up for a little bit so that I could get the dog out for a walk. It's been looking like it was going to rain all day, and the air feels really heavy and wet. I didn't want to get caught in a storm with the baby, so my Mom had some 1-1 time, and the dog and I went for a interval run. 2 miles of alternating sprinting and walking tires Dixie out very quickly. Her legs are only about 6 inches long. She needs the exercise though, she's MUCH better behaved that way.

On our walk I learned a new skill that may or may not come in handy some day.

Leaping 10 feet in the air mid-stride while shrieking, compliments of this thing...


I hate, hate, hate snakes. Dixie and I were just running along, I wasn't paying attention, then all the sudden... this thing. I screamed and lept into the air. Like really lept. Over the dog, into a ditch. My husband would say 'you got ups.'

Cereal ups husband. Cereal.

If you don't read this honey... I just said cereal (twice!) and anybody who reads this thinks that I'm freakin' nuts...but you understand it. :-) Love you!

We also passed the 'haunted house'.


I never see anybody there, it always looks the same, and I swear that it's the perfect setting for a horror novel. I say that to M everytime we pass it on one of our walks. It gives me shivers.

Now I'm off to recuse my kid from the horror that she's convinced is her swing, and were going to snuggle on the couch and watch some How I Met Your Mother on Netflix. This show is totally getting me through this month. I'm sucked in. It's bad.


It seriously don't get much cuter... :-)


Yea... he's mine. I'm one lucky Momma!!

We made a video for Daddy this morning too.


Your girls love you and miss you lots honey!

xoxo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment