17 February, 2012

No baby...yet...

I missed posting yesterday, and I don't really feel all THAT bad about it. The nice thing about having this all to myself (unless somebody manages to stumble across it on accident, and if they do, I'm going to doubt that they'd really care that I missed a day) is that it doesn't really matter. :-)

Yesterday was fairly uneventful. We got to sleep in a little bit, even though I'd had a pretty crappy nights sleep the night before, it felt good to just be lazy with M. That's really all we seem to do nowadays, because that's all I'm ever up for. This whole, growing a human being thing is rather tiring when you get to the last bits of it.

 We had a doctor's appointment at 11, and everything is looking okay. I was still in labor, and had a couple pretty decent sized contrations when they hooked me up to the monitor. The nurse decided that it would be a good idea to have the doctor check and see how much further along I was. Sadly, no more progress has been made, I'm holding pretty steady at 3 cm. All the yucky feelings and contrations for nothing at this point. It's a little bit discouraging.

Okay, I'm lying... it freaking sucks!

The Dr. said though, since I've been in labor for a few days now, that if I kept having the bad contractions for another few hours, I should call them. They would have me go up to labor and delivery and shoot me up with enough morphine (!) to make me sleep for a few hours, and make my muscles stop contracting. I guess all that contracting makes your uterus tired, and then when it comes down to it, it craps out on you, and you end up having to have a c-section. I didn't really like that idea, so I came home, took a hot bath, did a little bit of light cleaning, and by the time I'd done all that M was done for his work for the day and we flopped on the couch to watch a few episodes of Bones.

I also talked to a lady last night, whose is trying to get rid of her mare. She's up in Canada, but I don't know if it's anything that I'm intrested in. I'm not much of a Standardbred person. Not that I have anything aganist the breed, I just don't know a whole lot about them, other than the fact that 90% of them are plain bay with big heads. When I was in college I worked a few Standardbred sales, and most of my equine related near-death experiences took place there. It was fun, and I learned how to bob and weave like a professional boxer, but it didn't really install a love of the breed in me. She was supposed to send me some pictures today, but it didn't happen. We'll see.

I finally got a good nights sleep last night!! At this point, I don't care if labor has stalled out, I'm welcoming the break from the evil contractions!!! I don't know why the contractions just stopped, and frankly I don't care. They didn't seem to be doing anything anyways. If I get a break, and a good nights sleep, I'll take it.

Today was a barn day, and M had the day off, since it's President's Day weekend, so they got a 4 day. Snaps for working for the government.

We went to the barn and I felt awful. No contractions at all, just this dull, crampy, achy, almost bruised feeling that made me feel totally drained of all my energy. Luckily M is a star, and dumped all my wheelbarrows for me. I still managed to clean my stalls, I just felt totally sapped of all my energy and strength, before we even got started. I think she's settling a bit lower, because I'm walking a lot slower. It feels like somebody shoved a small watermelon between my legs. I got some water, and a bagel when we were done, and I felt a little bit better.

I talked to my boss about the Canadian mare, and she was about as excited as I was (so not very). Our motto is no stone unturned, but we came up with a better plan, involving this girl:


She is actually the dam of my late filly, Wasabi. She's a 7 year old Danish mare, named Willow, who got nailed in the hock when she was younger, and they aren't sure if the hock is going to hold up to higher level dressage stuff. I'm going to get her going this summer, and if she holds up, she'll hopefully be mine all mine! :-). I don't forsee any issues with her, at all. She's as opinionated as they come, and can be a bit snarky, but it's all for show. She's a big girl, standing at about 16.3 (she looks a lot bigger, because she's a pretty heads up mare), and has bloodlines to die for. I think that it's going to work out really well. I'm not a big person at all, so I'll be the ideal person to get her going. I'm so beyond excited!!


She's perfect.

After the barn, M and I went in search of some food, and then headed off to Best Buy to get a new computer. Both of our laptops managed to crap out within a week or two of each other, and his Mom so wonderfully gave us hers so that we could do school work.  We've had it for a while, and decided that we wanted to get our own with our tax return. We got a lot more back than we thought that we were going to so we felt okay with a little bit of a splurge. After about an hour of back and forth (I swear computer people speak their own language, and I can't even begin to understand it.) we settled on a Toshiba, and we're happy with it so far. It's not even been a day, so we'll see. I also got an Otterbox for my iPhone (it's way too expensive to be naked, with my track record with phones), a car charger for it, and we got a wireless mouse for the computer. We managed to get all that, within the price limit we set for just the computer. We do pretty well shopping together. :-)

After our shopping spree, we came home and I was exhausted, so I climbed right into the bathtub. My contractions have almost totally stopped, but my energy level has hit the floor. While I was in the tub, Milo came upstairs (as he always does when I take a bath. He loves to sit on the side of the tub and watch. What he's watching, I have no idea.) and started his ritual of sitting there, occasionally helping himself to a drink. He decided a nap was in order, and pulled my towel off the hook, dragged it to the side of the tub, made himself a nest, and settled right in.


I spent money on cat beds why again exactly?! Cats. *sigh*

After about an hour in the tub, I got out and played around with the new computer, while M got a bit of school work done. We watched a few more episodes of Bones (I'm obsessed...thanks Netflix.) and now here I am. I had soup for dinner, and I'm feeling totally sick to my stomach. Maybe this baby is going to make an appearance soon?! Goodness I hope so. I'm very sick of feeling like I'm lugging around a 20 lb sack of sand, and not being able to fit into any of my clothes.



Exciting Friday night, eh?

The flash on my phone blinded everybody, but Milo managed a smile for the camera. M, not so much... hehe. 

M and I realized that this is going to be our last baby free weekend. I can't even believe that it's almost time to go. It makes everything seem much more real. I mean, I know that I've been carrying her around, and she's been in existence for 9 months, but in just a week she's going to be HERE. Not in there. It's a crazy feeling. M doesn't seem to be too excited about it, but emotion showing isn't really his forte.

It'll be intresting to see how he reacts when she makes her arrival.

Off to bed for this Momma!  



No comments:

Post a Comment