19 June, 2012

Manic Monday.

Yesterday was in.freaking.sane....

But first I have to tell you all what happened to me this morning, as it's just too weird and random not to share.

I woke up at Shannon's usual 7, and noticed that I had a missed phone call and voicemail from a number that I didn't have saved on my phone. I figured it was the vet calling to give me the results of Willow's Lyme test, and I was anxious, so I hit 'listen' before I even got out of bed. What I heard was this...

"Jim. Call me. I'm at home. I'm dying."

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

It was a raspy old man, and it really did sound like he was dying.


I listened to it again once more then called Mike. Umm.. panic much!? I wrote the number down, and called 911, because really, who wouldn't? The operator told me that he would track him down. In the meantime I'm wondering if I should try and track down this 'Jim', because his Dad was apparently at home dying. Mike white paged the number, and it traced back to a 68+ year old man about 90 minutes from where we live.

The 911 operator called me back, and told me that the man had mis-dialed, and that he spoke to his caretaker and everything was ok. From the giggle in his voice, I'm going to draw on the assumption that this has happened a few times before.

Still NOT the way I wanted to kick off my morning!

Back to the cluster that was yesterday...

Honestly, I don't want to re-live it, but trust me when I say that it was a disaster. It included pure chaos at the barn which resulted in me having to leave early and not get the chance to work my horse (again...ugh!!!!!), a live bird being released in my house (thanks, Milo), a cat diagnosed with herpes, the disaster that is teething, the police, and an extraordinary amount of poop.

I treated myself to a new book (it was either that or vodka, and since I'm rocking the whole breastfeeding deal...the book won), and thanked my lucky stars that I have a wonderful partner in Mike.


At least somebody found the positive in yesterday. I can learn a thing or two from this dog I tell you!

I also want to say a huge thanks to Mel! She's always there when I need her, is seriously one of my best friends, and an inspiring Mommy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment